Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fujiera and Ras Al Khaima- Day 12 More weddings!

Hello

Today I went to two weddings. The first was Sulaimon's which I was under the impression I was going to miss. Apparently, his 'male' wedding was today, while his 'female' wedding was sometime in the future-- the 29th I think.

Anyhow, we woke up at Seaside, our quaint hotel/apartment, and Jaber and Abdullah came by to collect me and take me to the weddings. My sister and Lynn were going to be dumped at Sulaimon's house to sit with the ladies while we men had us a pah---tay!

We headed to the wedding around 1pm and when we got there, everyone was crammed into a freestanding building that was basically a banquet hall. We waited in the lobby for a few minutes, where I met a guy who is going to school in Toronto. I don't remember what his realtion to the whole thig was, but it was nice to have a quick chit-chat about stuff North-American.

After a few minutes, we headed into the dining room. Jaber, Abdullah and I all got to sit at the table of honor. The food was served, and after ten minutes everyone was done eating and gone. These weddings are crazy I tell you! Apparently, there was going to be dancing and coffee later in the evening, but I had another wedding to go to.

More about that later...



Sulaimon at his wedding feast. No girls Allowed!

Everyone clearing out 15 minutes later. URP! Thanks Sulaimon. Mabruk!

Now that the wedding guests are gone, the family can eat. Cheers!

No comments: